Friday 26 May 2023

Living and working here in Care Corner Orphanage

Hi all! 😊

I'm in the midst of raising financial support to continue living and working here at Care Corner Orphanage for another year. I will need to raise S$ 1,000 per month, which is S$ 12,000 per year, to cover my necessities. 

This amount covers: 

Food and Utilities
Travel expenses
Work permit, Visa, and Insurance
Basic Necessities, Medicine, Emergency, M
iscellaneous and some Savings. 

My purpose here is to support and empower our children in their lives through using social work skills and the word of God.

To my friends who have been supporting me, thank you for your support throughout my time at Care Corner Orphanage. Your kindness and generosity have made an impact on my life, and I am truly grateful for your support thus far. It’s been almost 4 years of living and working here at CCOF! Time really flies!

Over the past month, I’ve encountered a few storms along the way. However, remembering that you believe in me, and am praying for me, has given me hope and encouragement to persevere through the stormy times. 

As I reflect on the past year, I am humbled and in awe of the positive transformations that have taken place in my life and the lives of our children. God is real and at work! I see His hands upon our lives. Your support enables me to be here, providing emotional support to our children and nurturing them in the ways of the Lord.  

I have made the decision to dedicate another year of my life to supporting and nurture the children of Care Corner Orphanage. I'm praying for a greater impact with another year of commitment. Therefore, I kindly ask you to consider continuing your sponsorship for me for another year. Together, we can make a difference for each child who calls this place home.  

Sharing with you my roles and responsibilities at Care Corner Orphanage:

1. Provide emotional support, guidance and problem-solving through effective communication, individual and group counselling sessions, purposeful activities, and engagement. 

2. Provide social support, esteem support, informational support, and tangible support based on the ground needs. 

3. Manage the Orphanage’s Facebook and Instagram, which includes taking photographs, and some basic filming and editing.

4. Teach and supervise our children's daily homework.

5. General maintenance and groundskeeping together with my colleagues such as gardening, cutting of trees, mass cleaning etc.  

6. Prepare and lead small group on Monday nights.

7. @Smilesofchiangmai - using this platform to share about our Orphanage and works, connect with people, provide regular updates, newsletter updates, annual fund raising, account for the usage of funds, planning and coordinating #BirthdayProject outings. 

8. Check the chores and manage the group of children assigned to sweep the garden.

9. Assist and host visitors and volunteers with translation, conducting of activities with the children, and more. 

10. In charge of making and managing the three types of washing liquid for our children's home. 

To support me

Your support can be the form of a monthly support or a one-time support of any amount. You could make the financial support for me through bank transfer or PayNow me. (CCOF will be closing down their Maybank account in Singapore, so transferring it to me directly is a move approved by CCOF.) 

If you have any questions or would like to discuss this further, feel free to reach out to me.

Check out some of my newsletter updates

Newsletter no. 10
Newsletter no. 9.5
Newsletter no. 9

Thank you for your support, prayers and trust all these while. Do connect with me soon! 

With a heart full of thanks, 
Bella