Sunday 2 February 2020

First update of this year! อัพเดทนาคะ


Hi everyone! Hope everyone is well, and in good health! Wow, we're actually more than one month into the new year. Many things have taken place, hasn't it?

At CCOF, we welcomed the new year 2020 with snacks, bbq food, letter-to-self activity, videos and movie screening. :)

I'm back in Singapore for the chinese new year. I'll be postponing my return to ChiangMai for a bit as advised by Jacinth and my parents as well. Do pray with us that our kids and everyone will be healthy and well. :)


A few weeks ago, we spent a sunny day at the Royal Floral Garden where there were many beautiful flowers, and we got to cycle freely in the garden. I got to spend time with our kids, and my favourite part would be when Jeep, Na, Sai, Linchee, a few others and I cycled together. We spurred each other on as we had to cycle up a steep hill. We love the downhill that comes after the uphill. Our bikes would speed off without us having to paddle. Extremely thrilling! Somewhere along the way I assured Jeep that it was okay for him to go his own way if he would like to, but his reply was "No, I want to go with Pi Bella". That warmed my heart.


Expenditure from 6/12 - 2/2
Super glue - 19 baht
Funny glasses as props - 19 baht
School bag - 399 baht
Scissors and Nail clippers - 150 baht
Teaching & Social Work resources - 58 baht
Interesting hair clips as props - 35 baht
Interesting DIY kits to be used as kids engagement - 220 baht

I'm currently planning and preparing the materials for counseling, doing some studying of Thai language, researching and reading up on stuff that would help me in working with our kids, writing a newsletter update, mapping out the dance that we've been doing with the older kids, preparing for chapel sharing and more. Lots of work to do! Doing every bit of this not by my own strength, but by God's strength and grace. Do pray with me that God will guide me and be with me in this journey. Thank you!

For more updates!
@Smilesofchiangmai
@Carecornerorphanage

If you would like to make a monetary contribution to @Smilesofchiangmai or directly to Care Corner Orphanage Foundation, do drop me a text or reach me at bellasocialwork@gmail.com

Check out Bella's 2nd newsletter here!

With joy,
Bella