Tuesday 31 July 2018

Growing into fine young women เป็นที่รักของพระเจ้า


Just wanted to document my journey with the kids here in this space :)

Marisa   
One afternoon, I was with the younger kids and Nong Marisa while she helped to test the kids on their Thai spelling. Marisa's approaches and reactions often come off as loud, snappy and huffy. She is, and can be quite short-tempered but while I sat beside her, observing her and the kids, I began to see her for her strengths; of how pure, sincere, and straightforward she is. How precious she is

Maree 
A few hours before I had to head back to Singapore, I was harvesting longans from our trees with all the staff and older children. It was both sunny and drizzling. Nong Maree asked me "Hey Pi Bella, do you want a hat because it's drizzling". I said "it's okay because it's just a little rain". Maree then disappeared and came back with more hats. She put a hat over my head, and said "Pi Bella it's better to wear the hat if not you might fall sick." Her sweet gesture sure warmed my heart. The other day she bought a Thai snack (Roti Sai Mai) by the roadside. Once everyone alighted from the truck, she came over and shared the snack with us. Maree was sweeter than the Thai sweet snack we had.

Pon 
My friendship with Nong Pon took a while for it gradually bloom into one I now enjoy and hold close to my heart. I really like how she would greet me whenever she sees me, even if it's just a "Pi Bella!" I also like how she asks me many questions and we would chitchat. Spending more quality time with her and the girls allowed me to see the crazy, fun and loud sides of her. Thanks for letting me into your world, Nong Pon.

New 
Elysia and I returned to the Orphanage one evening after spending the afternoon with Nong Yeam at the hospital. When Nong New called out to me, I thought she was going to ask how was Nong Yeam's condition. However, to my surprise, she asked "Pi Bella! Are you tired? Have you had dinner?" I was really touched by those words.

My heart is full,
Bella