Thursday 15 February 2018

Somnuek growing up so well


The above two pictures feature Somnuek. The top picture was when he was 8 years old in Dec year 2012. The next picture is him now at 13 years old in Dec2017 / Jan2018. Same same but different right? He's growing so well at Cco.

Joined some of the boys in doing some work on one of the days. We mixed cement, carried it in pails and pour it over the pillars that we were trying to built. The pails of cement we carried were a lot heavier that it looked. Our hands and feet got dirty but it was so fun doing work together. Loong SomSak not only instructed the boys and I to do the work, he shared with us the rational and reasons behind each step. He is such a nurturing and kind Uncle.

We had lots of laughter, especially when the boys were pushed into the pond. Before that, I told some of the boys to pass me their money and watches because I knew that somehow they would end up in the water. Haha, true enough! They either fell or were pushed into the pond at different intervals. Haha! The reason I didn't end up in the water was because I had my phone with me. Phew! Good excuse right?

Check out our Instagram for more updates
Smiles of Chiangmai's Instagram

Short clip of our time at CCO here
Days at CCO (youtube)

With joy,
Bella