Friday 9 February 2018

An answered prayer


There was a Thai Children's Day event nearby. Khoti told us about it and we decided that yeah let's go take a look! There were free goodie bags, snacks, games and lucky draws. The grand prizes were bicycles! Little Chi wanted to win a bicycle. I noticed that he shut his eyes and prayed fervently to win the bicycle. It was nearing the end of the lucky draw and he felt that it was impossible to win anything at all. He said he wanted to head back to the Orphanage. I told him to wait a little longer. Keep praying. I asked Chi if he believed as he prayed, he shook his head. He was probably feeling discouraged.

It is important that when we pray, we put our faith in God, believing that He heard us, and that He is true. I then prayed that Chi would win the bicycle. As much as I wanted Chi to win the bicycle, I also recognize that God knows best. If He thinks it is good that Chi wins the bicycle, Chi will win it. The few of us who were there prayed and believed too. We present our desires to God, yet not our will be done, but God Your will be done. I believe that God's will and ways are good.

Then came the time for the grand prizes to be given out. When we heard "maai laek 59", all of us jumped and shouted with joy! An answered prayer it was. When Chi came back to look for us, I asked him "Is God real?" He smiled and nodded his head.

Another boy, Dtong, wanted to win the bicycle as well but he didn't win. So as we were walking back to the Orphanage, we had a good time talking and hearing from him. He said "It's okay that I didn't win. Other people won and that is good too." I affirmed his good heart and went on to tell him that "If you needed a bike, I believe God would give you one". And he said "Yes, I don't need a bike because I already have one back at home". It warmed my heart seeing how sensible and contented Dtong is.

We went to check on the boys whether they brushed their teeth before heading for bed. I asked them if they've thanked God for the prizes they won at the event and they realized they haven't. Chi asked me "How to thank God?" I said to just thank Him like how he would thank a person. That day was also a good reminder for me to not get carried away with the gifts we received and forget about the Giver.

Keep checking our Instagram and blog :)

With joy,
Bella