Sunday 17 September 2017

GIFT


I recalled that this was one of my first few encounters with this funny boy, Bpor. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that this young fella has quite some flair in drawing especially, drawing dragons! I affirmed him on his pretty drawings, perhaps with a certain degree of admiration for his talent which could be shown on my face too. I remember after he finished his first piece of drawing, he asked if I wanted it and of course I gladly accepted it!

Who knew that in the subsequent days and weeks ahead since that fine Saturday afternoon, Bpor had been casually drawing random stuff and giving them to me. His initial offers would always be coupled with this line "Pi Elysia au mai?"(Pi elysia want or not?) but as we got closer and more comfortable with each other, he would skip the step of asking that question and simply offer his artpieces to me.

Through this episode, I had another glimpse of the Father's heart yet again. I believe that Bpor enjoyed gifting me with his drawings because he knew I appreciate them with all my heart. I never have expected that a simple affirmation and appreciation for his drawings would serve as an encouragement for him to use this talent to bless me. It brings me great delight when he told me that he wanted to give me a drawing which he drew in school, I knew for that moment, I was on his mind at least for that little while. This warms my heart. 

I hope and pray that this young man would learn to use his special gifting to bless even more people around him. And I believe our Heavenly Father did not bless us with a gift just to be kept within ourselves but to use it to bless our community and beyond :)


A gift which I requested for him to fill in our names to remind him of WHY Jesus had to die on the cross. The reason is for YOU & I, so that WE can be set free. 

Jesus is the best gift God has given us❤️


With thanksgiving, 
Elysia