Thursday 22 June 2017

Chapter 2 of 33


What an exciting atmosphere here where the older kids raised their hands and "fought" via scissors paper stone (In Thai: pao ying chub) for the clothes that they fancied from the box of donated clothes. Funny moments when some of the boys accidentally raised their hands for clothes meant for girls. Not forgetting how Somnuek raised Mike's hand when clothes for the girls were up for grabs! It was so funny

Managed to help New with her spelling homework. Thank God that I could be of some help. I really want to improve and understand more Thai asap!

After homework time, I overheard Tanagon (staff of CCO) correcting some of the boys' Thai pronunciation. I invited myself over, hungry to work on my Thai pronunciation. Haha! The kids were trying to pronounce words with the "ng" and "r" sounds accurately. I find the word: Family (Krop krua) difficult to pronounce. Haha

Along the way, we talked about cartoons, anime and manga... Tanagon asked if I like anime just like some of them do. I replied that I don't quite like Anime. Then little Chi said "Pi bella chop gaoli" which meant that Pi Bella likes Korean shows. Wow, little Chi knows me well. Haha


Earlier on in the afternoon where Nung Noot and Nung Nown were trying out Floorball. They didn't go to school because they were unwell today. I was impressed with the both of them. They are pretty fast learners! Boy (staff) and Tanagon (staff) tried out Floorball as well. They liked it too! Looking forward to conducting the first Floorball training - likely on this Saturday.

With a thankful heart,
Bella