Thursday 16 September 2021

Giving.

Had a short video call with my family last night about child sponsorship and vocational education support. I'm so encouraged and inspired by my family's heart of giving, especially my parents. I had actually called to discuss whether we should switch the child sponsorship to the vocational education support, because we might not be able to do both child sponsorship and a future education support. We also touched a little on @Smilesofchiangmai upcoming fund raising. As I was doing some calculation, my mum said "we have (this amount) that we want to bless as a family. See what we can do with it". In other words, let's give by faith. We may not have a lot but we want to give because we have received so much from God. All we have comes from Him.

I remembered back then, despite having a hard time - moving from places to places because we were so heavy in debts and couldn't afford a roof over our heads, I still see my parents giving and helping others. Now that we are in a better financial state, my dad said "remember that everything we have belongs to God. We have to be His good steward!" Hearing the words of my parents, I'm inspired to give more and trust in the Lord.   

Lest we forget God's goodness and who He is. 

Recently, I'm so thankful for the opportunity to share about our lives and works at Care Corner Orphanage to my ex-coach and friend, Wylie. An amazing person who shared about her journey of founding PlayerGroup and also how her purpose to make an impact on lives remains even as the 'vehicle' changes. 

A special shoutout and thanks to @theb.eadybunch who are currently selling beautifully handmade necklaces to fund raise for @Carecornerorphanage! On Monday, @selahssabbaths who are selling handmade candles, reached out to us to give their first donation to Care Corner Orphanage. @thspeckledlab is in the progress of creating and selling stickers and cards to support us. Also, looking forward to every update from @Fleathing on our collaboration of merchandise which will be happening in the near future. 

It is such an interesting and fun journey to cross path with different groups and individuals with big hearts to create something new and impactful in support of Care Corner Orphanage. I'm so thankful! 

@smilesofchiangmai will be selling Brownies for our upcoming fund raising in support of projects and works of Care Corner Orphanage! Stay tuned! 

With joy, 
Bella