Thursday 1 February 2018

Each day different


While having lunch, I heard the voices of our kids nearby. Came out and found some of the boys strategizing on how to catch three ducks for dinner tonight. It was really interesting to see how they teamed up to ambush the ducks. 


A few weeks prior to that, was my first time watching them kill and defeather a Nok Gai Naam (a small bird that resembles a chicken). I was like "Ouch! Oooh! Argghh" as I watched how the life of the bird ended. It was slightly uncomfortable to watch probably because back in our hometown, we don't hunt for meat as poultry is readily available in the markets. Determined to overcome the sense of discomfort, I man up and joined the boys to defeather the bird. Haha!

Watching them hunt for meat taught me valuable hunting and survival skills. Join you boys in the hunt soon. Probably this coming June? ;) The boys shared with great animation on how they hunt for birds back in their villages. Thanks for sharing your lives with me